Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Of Stained Glass and Paintbrushes [for Nathy]


Whenever I feel
confused

I go to the library
or a bookstore
sit and read for a
long
        time

I watch movies
listen to music
go to the park
to nature

and I sit in church
when there are no people there
when it is serene and incensed
with white candles blazing
filled with hope, lit with love


and I lie flat upon my back
in any pew
and gaze up at God
and the angels
dressed in palettes
of stained glass and paintbrushes

speaking Latin into my thoughts

words -

I thought I had forgotten. 




© Susan Marie 2013 


4 comments:

  1. Inside each heart, there are words unknown to head. We think of them like something forgotten long ago but we never really forget them. Latin, Arabic, Greek, Persian are just dresses, those words are same immortal in every language.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful reply. Yes, exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that poem. I'm gonna keep it with me for ever. Muchas Gracias Dearest hermanita

    ReplyDelete
  4. De nada Hermanita. You inspired it. *sonrie*

    ReplyDelete