Friday, April 8, 2011

"aik dua" (a prayer) for Sana


i cant afford 
to hurt myself

anymore


God, hear my supplication!

i am but one of your
many
chosen
beautiful
wondrous
children

but this world 

is going wrong
and right
simultaneous

i am caught
in the turbine
the windmill
the tsunami the earthquakes
the wars and drones
the dropping bombs
on innocent souls
the planes and guns
the whirring of the helicopter wind in my
face

my face
my beautiful innocent grace
has not fallen from your gaze

humanity has taken me
is breaking me
in
to this
now
present
past

my future is my pale and shaking hands
my heart bleeds
and my love
is eternal
but my Dear God
My Lord
i am here
on bloodied knees
scarred from lives past
begging you

to take this weight
to replace it with no hate
to make the world see
through my eyes
please

through the trees
and ancient limbs
lost in bundles of bodies
strewn
in graveyards
of thought
and ryhme
of time

this time
my time

is
now

and

i

am

beautiful 





© Susan Marie 2011 

(Inspired by Sana Khan, the first line caused the rest, then she titled it.)

4 comments:

  1. and she is awesome but you are my hot favorite !! awesome sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sue, this is BEAUTIFUL!! THANK YOU!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are welcome the first line is yours . . .

    ReplyDelete